From:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2014 15:48:54 -0400
I am not sure who you are responding to here Sam...Bill, me, Jeanette,
Avri, Remmy....have all commented on this.  We have numerous lists to
discuss the broader issues of IGF...I think we do need to put something
on the other lists (I had said in an earlier post not to forward my long
note on strategy as I was writing it for internal NCSG consumption. (by
the way, I used the word Netmundial when I meant IGF, sorry about that.
Tired)
The facts and the gathering of stakeholder views should go on the other
lists.  There is already a discussion going on and I responded to a few
posts re the sign on.
Personally, I dont think we need to rush to start drafting another
text.  Let the other players come back to us with a proposal, then we
send out to all our civil society folks for a concensus decision.  I
will do another update to the lists in a day or so once we see if any of
the commercial or govt actors come back to us. There were 4 mentions of
the proposal in the closing ceremonies, which we are quite pleased
about, and we also need to report on that to stakeholders.
Further to that, there is already a pad which we set up to draft the
first one.  We can drop any new draft we get from the commercial or govt
folks into that pad, just to avoid proliferation of information vehicles.
Does that sound sensible?
Cheers Stephanie
PS in the meantime, we are still getting signatures.