From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 2015 08:22:41 -0400
Increasingly here are a number of easier and easier to use work arounds
being propagated to deal with virtually all forms of DNS blocking. At
the moment I and a colleague at psiphon.ca <https://psiphon.ca/> are
writing short article on censorship and the use of VPN apps (open
source) and other tools that circumvent blocking.

When a country like Turkey initiates some blocking the dowloads of the
VPN cell phone apps in that country soar into the 10's and 100's of
thousands. It is of course a cat and mouse game where the next work
arounds are greeted by newer approaches to blocking, but at some point
the "cat" will get tired...or nasty, but hopefully open internet
democratic forces will prevail first.

Sam L.

/