From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:26:07 +0000
Dear Tatiana, all,

Volunteering offlist to me was indeed just fine. I'd intended to wait
until the deadline I gave was over (Wednesday) and then send the list
of candidates to the EC. Now that the cat is out of the bag anyway,
however, I'll note who's volunteered so far, in order to make sure I
haven't missed anyone and to let others who may be consireding it a
chance to jump in:

Avri Doria
Martin Silva Valent
Carlos Gutierrez
Tatiana Tropina

If you have volunteered but are not on that list I've missed you:
please let me know ASAP. And if you aren't, there's still time.
Please try to make it by noon UTC Wednesday.

Also, as others have noted this is not an election but an appointment
by the EC, and I did not intend to ask for expressions of support on
the list. Nonetheless I don't see the discussion on the list as
harmful either -- it may even provide useful extra information for the
EC to consider when making its decision. We won't be counting mere
expressions of support though, that would obviously be unfair to those
who volunteered offlist.

Tapani