From:
Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2014 13:05:32 +0900
Hi,

we discussing quickly about this issue in NCSG call yesterday and my
understanding is we cna go with option 1. if there is no objection, I will
share that .

indeed there is risk of setting precedent like what happened in singapore
for the main session in monday led by SO/AC which was replaced by an ICANN
led session on IANA transition without consultation. I would say that
setting precedent become a tradition in ICANN and creating a "fait
accompli" every time. however, making the point and expressing concern is
important.

the format and ICANN meetings schedule may change if several
recommendations of meetings working group are adopted (
http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/participation/mswg/recommendations-25feb14-en.pdf)
fpr example with removing public forum for 1 ICANN  meeting , the friday
will back for 1 meeting too. in fact the usual 3 icann meetings year will
be different.

for the GNSO council, Jonathan as chair of the council reacted previously
to Steve request but I don't know how much discussion was held in GNSO
council list regarding this topic and if it will covered at tomorrow call.

Best Regards

Rafik