From:
Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:50:23 -0400
Hi everybody,

 From: "Mueller, Milton L" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Topics for meeting with the board in Hyderabad?
 1. The new "complaint" system, which puts ICANN's lawyer (whose job is to
protect the corporation from complainers whether they are right or wrong)
in charge of managing complaints. Also affects the independence of the
Ombudsman in unclear ways.

 I want to express my support for Milton's proposal to include this
question in our discussion with the Board. So much wrong with this. The way
our current Ombudsman is responding to the creation of the Complaints
officer I'd suggest he already has been co-opted. As ICANN Legal is one of
the most complained about departments at ICANN having them in charge of the
complaints process...fox, hen house. Bad idea.