From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2016 08:24:04 -0500
Tapani,

I have been following this process closely (at a distance) and will
continue to do so. I would be willing to backstop (help, work with)
whomever is appointed to this position.

I remind us that the ccWG is not about how the funds should be used, but
about the mechanism that should be created to allocate the funds.
The following [/*emphasis added*/] is from:
https://icann572016.sched.org/event/8cy0/cross-community-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-cross-community-working-group

"The ICANN community has indicated that it wants to create a
Cross-Community Working Group (CCWG) to develop a proposal(s)
for eventual consideration by the ICANN Board on */the mechanism that
should be created/* to allocate the new gTLD Auction Proceeds."

Sam L.

On 12/1/2016 2:34 AM, Tapani Tarvainen wrote:
> Dear all, We need to appoint someone fot the new gTLD Auction Proceeds
> CWG. Deadline is next Monday (Dec 5). Take a look at the description
> below and if you think you could do it, please come forward. Tapani
> Tarvainen (en route to Guadalajara, online only intermittently today
> and tomorrow, apologies for slow reactions to emails)
> ----- < rest deleted > -----

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
  邦有道,贫且贱焉,耻也。邦无道,富且贵焉,耻也
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: [log in to unmask]   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  https://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852