From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 14:28:56 +0000
Arsene, and new members Remmy and Bruna,

As the departing member of the SSC I welcome especially Remmy and Bruna to the SSC. The workload is not hard, except for brief intensive periods when candidates are being evaluated. The rest of the team and the ICANN staff are great people to work with.

The only down side for me was the difficulty of selecting from among multiple competent candidates for the positions on the table.

I always remember that many from other ICANN stakeholder groups do their “volunteer work” as part of their regular work load for which they are paid and from which they have expenses support. NCSG stakeholders for the most part, while some can “monetize” their ICANN participation, mainly donate their time and resources.

I think of NCSG as the “deep pocket” of ICANN stakeholder volunteers within a community of  “deep-pocketed” ICANN stakeholder groups.

All the best.

Sam Lanfranco

Sam Lanfranco, Prof Emeritus, York University, Internet Ecologist & Farmer;

Web23.io; AshPiedmont Farm, South Bay, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada

P:613-476-0429  C:416-816-2852  E: [log in to unmask]   [log in to unmask]

From: NCSG-Discuss <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Tomslin Samme-Nlar

Subject: NCSG Members Appointed to the GNSO Standing Selection Committee

Dear all,

After a rather long deliberation by the PC, the following members have been selected to represent NCSG at the SSC:

  1.  Arsene Tungali - Re-appointed

  2.  Remmy Nweke

  3.  Bruna Santos

Warmly,