From:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:17:06 +0100
Hi Stuart

Thanks for the pointers, it’s really great to have you on board here.

On Jan 16, 2014, at 9:21 AM, Stuart Hamilton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Bill
>
> The ALA’s response seems to have been picked up quite quickly and they were the first NGO mentioned in The Guardian’s piece on Tuesday: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/14/net-neutrality-internet-fcc-verizon-court
>
> My organisation, the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), which counts ALA amongst its members, updated its position on IG in 2013 IFLA and addresses network neutrality in no 2: http://www.ifla.org/node/7515

Just one question on the latter:  "IFLA consequently endorses the principle and spirit of the multistakeholder approach under the UN aegis and supports the process of enhanced co-operation in relation to critical Internet resources” —I’d be really interested to hear more on the library community’s views on enhanced cooperation…

Best,

Bill

> Cheers,
>
> Stuart
>

> Stuart Hamilton
> Director of Policy and Advocacy
> International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
> P.O. Box 95312
> 2509 CH The Hague
> Netherlands
>
> 00 31 70 314 0884

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org
[log in to unmask] (direct), [log in to unmask] (lists),
  www.williamdrake.org