From:
Alex Gakuru <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Gakuru <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2013 15:43:30 +0300
Dear Andrei,

You rightly inject ethics into this conversation.

What fascinates is ICANN institutional data collection through WHOIS (and
perhaps similarly collection of trademark data) are argued as 'technically'
necessary for the security and stability of the DNS - yet massive personal
data collections should be left out of discussions.

Previous work on ethics and or legal issues on the internet has been
undertaken by UNESCO under Information Ethics re:
http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/intergovernmental-programmes/information-for-all-programme-ifap/priorities/information-ethics/

regards,

Alex