From:
Marilia Maciel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marilia Maciel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:01:55 -0300
Hi all, Gabrielle from Article 19, myself and a few others volunteered to
work on a draft contribution with comments and suggestions about CoE
document. Joy, your involvement is super important. Shall we start to get
it going?
Best,
Marília

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:41 AM, joy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Bill - what a good idea to suggest a comment period- and great that
> they took it up. And a follow up event in LA would be excellent - I am
> sure APC would want to support it.
> I do hope it hasn't killed Thomas' chances completely!
> Joy
>

> On 8/07/2014 6:41 p.m., William Drake wrote:
> > Hi Joy
> >
> > I’m glad Lee did this, as it’s not COE’s normal procedure at all.  We
> suggested they try it at our meeting with them in London.  We also agreed
> to propose a follow up event for LA.  It’d be good to have our own position
> on paper prior.  Since the paper may have screwed Thomas’ campaign for GAC
> chair he should have more time in LA :-(
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > On Jul 8, 2014, at 6:21 AM, joy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Avri - thanks for sending the link through - sorry it has taken me a
> >> while to get back on this, I've been away from the office a while and
> >> it's taken a while to catch up ....
> >> Thanks also Milton for your blog post about the paper - I agree with
> >> most of your comments.
> >> There are quite a few recommendations in the paper - was there any
> >> discussion at the ICANN 50 meeting about an NCSG response? I note that
> >> some of the points and recommendations in the paper were previously
> >> covered in a submission by NCUC on new gTLDs in 2013 and it would be
> >> worth connecting to that work in any follow up (which I am happy to
> >> volunteer to help with).
> >> Cheers
> >> Joy

> > William J. Drake
> > International Fellow & Lecturer
> >   Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
> >   University of Zurich, Switzerland
> > Chair, Noncommercial Users Constituency,
> >   ICANN, www.ncuc.org
> > [log in to unmask] (direct), [log in to unmask] (lists),
> >   www.williamdrake.org

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio
Researcher and Coordinator - Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law
School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en