From:
Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 18:37:45 +0000
Kathy,

I am sympathetic to your position. My concern is that any change now to the
program will embroil ICANN in mass litigation that will paralyze the
organization for a considerable period going forward. We briefly spoke in
Los Angeles about some recent legal hires by Amazon: some pretty impressive
hires. Can you convince me that my concerns are invalid? Might not a better
approach at this point be to pressure the applicants themselves to open up
the generic domains,  to make it socially unacceptable for large companies
to operate closed Tlds?

Ed