From:
Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2014 01:18:03 -0500
Marie-laure,

A very beautiful tribute to a very courageous man.

I only had the fortune of knowing Allain for a little over a year. It was at
the intercessional meeting in Los Angeles last January  when I was really
able to spend a bit of time with him. You mention golf but I need to add the
man knew his baseball and hockey as well. He was misguided in his support of
the Habs but we shared a love for Les Expos de Montreal. As an ex-pat in
Europe longing for good baseball talk,  I can't begin to tell you how much I
enjoyed swapping stories with Allain of our mutual experiences at Jarry Park
and the Big O.

Courageous is not a term I use lightly. The way Allain faced his illness was
both courageous and remarkable. I was lucky to continue to share short
e-mails with Allain for most of last year and, although appreciative of the
prayers that were said for him, he expressed more concern  about the people
and causes he fought for than he did about himself. A class act and a true
inspiration.

R.I.P. Allain. I was an honour to have known you.