From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:00:33 -0400

thanks

avri

On 25-Apr-15 16:39, Robin Gross wrote:
> Thanks, Avri.  I would like to add an issue into the discussion group.  The freedom of expression
protections that the GNSO Council passed and board approved were never
implemented into the final new gtld policy.  We need to get them
implemented - there was no hesitation by staff in implementing (and
inventing new) trademark rights, why not free expression rights?  They
were included in the GNSO's original policy.

> Thanks,
> Robin
>
> On Apr 24, 2015, at 9:32 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> This discussion group on future gTLD PDP is getting close to winding up.
>>
>> If anybody sees anything of concern, please discuss on the list.
>> I will try to pick it up and get it into the discussion.
>>
>> avri

deliverables to incorporate suggestions from members as well as other
updates. Please review the attached documents (also available on the
Wiki here:
https://community.icann.org/display/DGNGSR/DRAFT+Deliverables) ahead of
the DG’s next call on 27 April 2015.

>>   * Executive Summary: Adjusted the language to acknowledge that the
DG's set of deliverables is slightly different than originally conceived.
>>   * Issues/Recommendations Matrix: Integrated the Board Resolution:
Annex A (yellow text) and GDD Staff input paper (green text) into the
matrix to ensure that the thoughts are not lost, while being sure to
differentiate between the issues raised by the DG.
>>   * Draft Charter: Made some requested changes based on the 13 April
call, which includes:
>>       o Noting that the work should consider past efforts and that
existing recommendations remain in place unless the GNSO changes them
>>       o Strengthening language to allow for some level of flexibility
in the charter for a future PDP(s) WG
>>       o Allow for the possibility that there may not be any
subsequent procedures

>> We look forward to discussion of these documents on list as well as
during the next DG call.

>> Best,
>>

>> *Steven Chan*
>> Sr. Policy Manager
>>
>> *ICANN
>> *12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
>> Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>> direct: +1.310.301.3886
>> mobile: +1.310.339.4410
>> tel: +1.310.301.5800
>> fax: +1.310.823.8649

>> Avast logo <http://www.avast.com/>

>> <Charter_New gTLD DG_v0.1_22Apr2015.doc><New gTLD
Principles_Recs_IG_Issues_17Apr2015.xlsx><New gTLD Exec Sum
22Apr2015.docx><Attached Message Part.txt>

---