From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:03:04 +0100
Hi Pedro,

Good point. As I have spent a number of years as GNSO Council liaison
to the GAC, I became very aware of how the rapid turnaround of
GAC members is a major issue. Some GAC members are experienced
long-termers well up to speed with all the issues, but many GAC menbers
are junior civil servants who have been sent to an ICANN meeting
and told to read up on the issues on the flight there.

ICANN has been working closely with GAC leadership to do
outreach and capacity building.

	Julf