From:
Brenden Kuerbis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenden Kuerbis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:39:38 -0400

Clearly not, based on the paper we wrote and released last month:
http://www.internetgovernance.org/pdf/ICANNreformglobalizingIANAfinal.pdf

>  for the EC?

Good question. They made no mention of any particular organizational type
in the statement. But they are clear that,

"*there should be no artificial limitation in the scope of the discussion*.
For example, a consideration of *various organisational options*, as well
as of the *opportunity* and the *most appropriate ways to separate policy,
operational and oversight activities* should not be "off-limits", if we
want the debate on the future of IANA to be seen as truly legitimate at the
global level."