From:
Milton L Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Milton L Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:55:21 +0000
Evan

University CoI policies might provide some help.

http://supolicies.syr.edu/fac_teach/conflict_int_pi.htm

The link describes the general policy. Funded researchers are required to fill out an annual disclosure form. On this form we answer questions like:

From any entity, have you received in the last twelve months or do you expect to receive in the next twelve months - salary, director's fees, consulting payments, honoraria, royalties or other payments for patents or copyrights, or any other payment in excess of $10,000? (Aggregate for yourself, your spouse/domestic partner and all dependent children)

Do you have or anticipate having stock, stock options or other interests with a monetary value in excess of $10,000 (fair market value) or in excess of 5% ownership interest in any single entity whose monetary value could be affected in any way as a result of your Syracuse University activities?

Have you (will you), your spouse, domestic partner, or dependent children have a financial interest in any contract, sale, or other transaction to which Syracuse University was a party? All of my responses in this Disclosure statement (including any responses in PART II)