From:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:41:57 +0200
Hi

It would seem that the interaction of NOTA and (un)clicks needs a definitive, precedent-related ruling before people proceed with voting.  Having NOTA for all three candidates as a group seems to open up uncertainty.  By way of comparison, the NCUC ballots always have an [] Abstain option for each slot, which in an uncontested election means a candidate obviously can come up short.

The issue that Matt raises about the lack of a numerical threshold for a vote to be valid also seems to merit reflection.  Below what level would we consider someone to not have a proper mandate?

Neither the NCSG charter nor the NCUC bylaws deals in much detail with ballot mechanics (I don’t know about NPOC’s).  Perhaps these things should be taken up in the respective revisions.

Bill