From:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2014 21:27:35 -0400
I think we should talk with them about why the Trademark Clearinghouse
is accepting "design marks" when it is only allowed to accept "word
marks" as part of the Intellectual Property trademark registration
process. I would also like to know why ICANN has spent time and money
galore advertising the "rights protection mechanisms" of the New gTLDs
but has not spent a second or a cent explaining what a URS action is,
and how a Registrant can respond to a URS notice.

We spent a lot of time putting fairness and balance into the URS, but if
no one teaches what it is or the broad defenses that exist, it is as if
the balance we worked so hard for does not exist. Registrants around the
world are left unprotected.

Best,
Kathy:
> Hi everyone,
>
> as usual we will have 1 hour meeting with the board and they need
> topics we want to discuss in advance.
> can you please share what you think we should discuss with them. then
> we will make a short topics list.
> please write a brief introduction of the topic.
>
> as starter I think we can have:
> 1/ IANA stewardship transition process
> 2/ ICANN accountability process
> Best Regards,