From:
Sarah El Ebiary <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah El Ebiary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:37:19 -0800
I think the best argument that will perk the ears of these congresspersons
is telling them if SOPA and PIPA passes, then it would significantly harm
the success of their own future campaigns, inhibit online communications to
their constituents, and tarnish their social media presence since entire
websites they both use would be taken down, such as Facebook, YouTube, and
Twitter etc. because these websites allegedly facilitate or enable (or
merely link to) the illegal distribution of copyrighted content online.

Unfortunately, Nancy Pelosi, as the representative for a region in
California where most of the entertainment companies that sponsored these
bills are located, will never vote against it. When the studios say "Jump!"
she asks "How high?"

;)