From:
Klaus Stoll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klaus Stoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:46:33 +0200
Dear Friends

Please find attached information about 2 upcoming events that I think are important for our current discussion. In short, we can not solve the current ICANN and Internet Governance problem as long as Internet Governance is like a country where less than 1% are in charge of over 99% of the population and where 98% of the population do not even know that the 1% exist. In the case of IG, the vast majority of IT users are completely ignorant even of its existence. The legitimacy and effectiveness of IG is in direct proportion to the ability to create general awareness and engagement of IT users. The biggest challenge for all those concerned with IG today is the lack of awareness and engagement of the vast majority of IT users. If we like it or not, we have to tackle this problem and I want you to see the attached events in this context. Everybody is invited, if you are interested, you are more then welcome. (Just let me know with a quick email)

See you in The Hague and Geneva

Yours

Klaus