From:
Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rafik Dammak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:58:07 +0900
Hi Stephanie,

as I suggested in NCSG Policy Committee list, I think the CCWG-IG can work
on charter amendments if the council give more specifics and details about
its concerns.
As one of the co-chairs of the CWG-IG, we gave reports to the council since
Marrakesh meeting and responded to the questions.   I can work with the
working members and other co-chairs on drafting the amendment and we need
time to achieve that. Having the new framework cross-community working
group, we can use that as opportunity to improve the CCWG-IG and align it
with the SO/AC expectations. For other groups within GNSO, I think we can
get support at least from Business Constituency, while we try to understand
more the contracted party concerns.

deferral is needed in order for the council to have a meaningful discussion
and also liaising with other chartering organizations. I am not aware about
precedent where a group left a joint or cross community working group in
such manner.

Best,

Rafik