From:
Ayden Férdeline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ayden Férdeline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2016 08:03:28 -0500
Hi all,

ICANN is soliciting feedback from the community on "the description of five diseases that could affect the health of the name part of the system of unique Internet identifiers." These five diseases include: Datamalgia, Abusitis, Magnitudalgia, Perfluoism, and Datafallaxopathy. You will have to [download this document](https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ithi-dns-health-free-frrom-diseases-29nov16-en.pdf) for definitions of these terms, all of which, in my view, have been invented unnecessarily.

I would like to propose that we submit a response to this consultation requesting that ICANN use simpler, more accessible language in its documents moving forward, and make it clear what the consultation is actually consulting us on, because I'm not actually sure as to what feedback they're looking to receive. For this document in particular, it would be helpful if there was a list of questions to guide us to those areas where community input is being sought. And, for good measure, maybe then they could re-open this consultation...

The consultation is here: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ithi-definition-2016-11-29-en

Best wishes,

Ayden FĂ©rdeline
[linkedin.com/in/ferdeline](http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdeline)