From:
Klaus Stoll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klaus Stoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:18:31 +0100
Dear Stephanie

Thank you Stephanie for a very important question.

My answer would be that we should try to use the meeting to improve our
understanding and relationship to other stakeholders. As part of the new
empowered community, it will not be any longer good enough to work out
compromises between stakeholders that everybody is equally unhappy with,
but we need to learn to move from talk and be able to work and act
together. This will require a better understanding of each others needs
and ability and the identification and implementation of real win-win
situations. That goes further then just stating positions, it means to
learn to listen too.  NPOC tried to organize a session in Hyderabad
where we would be able to listen to the perceptions and expectations of
other stakeholder groups of the Civil society stakeholders. The event
did not take place because of massive scheduling conflicts, but we might
try to do something similar again in Reykjavik.

Hope that helps and Thanks again for your thoughtful and well placed
question.

Yours

Klaus