From:
Nicolas Adam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicolas Adam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:33:22 -0500
Thx for sharing.

I don't see this "disastrous" potential. Seems merely another
substance-less talking point to me.

The most valid point I see with regards opposing gTLD expansion is that
it would be extortion on brands [to which I reply they are clueless if
they fall for it and get extorted, just ignore those false threats]...

Anybody read prof. Mueller's history of the DNS? Didn't you all felt
that there should have been more than the few gTLDs added in the first
place? Anybody think it would have been "disastrous?"

Anyhow I find it amazing how one of the best popular publication around
(for me [The Economist]) also falls prey to information fads and fashion
(here, FUD) and other such information cascades.

Seems like N. Economides' points on the dynamics of financial exuberance
and crashes are right on point.

Nicolas