From:
"Horacio T. Cadiz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Horacio T. Cadiz
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:30:44 +0800
On April 9, 2014 11:01:19 PM Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks McTim,
>
> Substantively, I agree with you and I sympathise with the registries
> that have .brand applications. On the other hand, I am concerned with >gTLD
> policy being developed by the ICANN board purely from a
>process perspective. I would argue on that point out of principle. The
>idea of the ICANN board developing policy is not one that I relish.

IIRC, the application guidebook provides the applicants
an avenue for requesting for exemptions from some of the
specifications.  Specification 13 looks like an embodiment
of an exemption sought by a specific group. So this isn't really
developing a new policy.

Like McTim I find it very strange why .Brands would need to
use registrars at all.  Another is why they would need to escrow their
data.  After all, a closed brand's registrants are all units of the
brand. If the registry fails, it is the brand which suffers, not an innocent
3rd party which needs protection from ICANN

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com