From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2017 11:05:48 +0300
Dear Olévié,

My apologies for being unclear.

GNSO has a rule that no councillor should normally not be in office for more
than two consecutive terms, but partial initial terms do not count.

That is, someone who's first elected to the council for a partial term,
can still do two full 2-year terms after that. After two full terms they
can't be re-elected or even appointed as temporaries until after
two years.

In case of Tatiana and Martin, they are both eligible now, and if
elected will be eligible for another term when this term expires after
two years.

On the other hand someone who was in council for two full terms ending
last year, that is 2016, is still not eligible to run this year.

In case of Chair, the limit is two consecutive 1-year terms, so
I'm not eligible for another term.

A term-limited councillor could run for Chair, however, or vice versa.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Tapani

--
Tapani Tarvainen