From:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:02:46 -0400
Many of us on this list have heard the lines on security vs privacy,
notably the ones on terrorism that go something like this:  "If you knew
what I know, you would not be fighting for privacy rights", or "if you
had ever experienced terrorism, you would not feel this way".  Simon
Davies, the founder of Privacy International, has written what I think
is a great piece on this topic.  I recommend it, especially for those of
us who are trying to get human rights considered more thoughtfully at ICANN.

http://www.privacysurgeon.org/blog/incision/why-the-terrorist-attacks-ive-endured-have-strengthened-my-commitment-to-privacy/

Kind regards,
Stephanie Perrin
NCSG