From:
Stephanie E Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie E Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:35:29 -0500
I believe I mentioned when we discussed this a while ago...I would like
to see work on a handbook of registrants rights and obligations (with
the emphasis on rights) recommence.  There have been a lot of changes in
information policies since the last effort fizzled out around 15 years
ago.  Bear in mind that many ordinary users buy their domains through
resellers, and have no idea who the accredited registrars are, or who
ICANN is for that matter.  Public information needs to be better, what
better way than a handbook.  So no, we don't need just a policy status
report on this stuff, we need a total review of how RNHs understand
their rights and obligations.

Yes, this demand is slightly off topic.  One has to do that when a
longstanding need is being ignored....

cheers Stephanie Perrin