From:
Karel Douglas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Douglas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:47:26 -0400
Thanks Padmini,

Excellent work! This is very useful information.

I note that some of the requests are very broad in nature and would pose a
challenge to comply eg those requests for "All communications from ...","
all documents from..". In some jurisdictions this can be a legitimate
reason for denial if the request is too burdensome.

ICANN must provide a reason(s) to support why it denies a request - merely
stating "No" does not engender trust as the decision may not have any
merit. Providing clear reasons would ensure that ICANN is in fact following
the DIDP , it would provide legal guidance for future applicants and would
comfort disappointed applicants who would be better informed on whether to
pursue a re-consideration of the decision.

regards

Karel